//

No Banner to display

Like Us on Facebook

Paramus Officer Rescues Family

PPD_Graphic

Responding to a call from a neighbor smelling smoke, Paramus police arrived at an apartment at 11 Sorbello Road during the afternoon of Sept. 21 and saw smoke emanating from the home. Police Officer Elliot Colon knocked on the door to the unit where he could hear children crying inside. Colon forced his way into the apartment, which was filled with smoke, and rescued two 3-year-old boys. Colon found the children’s mother asleep on a bed and also helped her out of the home.

The Paramus Fire Department determined that the fire was caused by unattended food left burning on the stove by the mother, who told police she was feeling sick that day. The family was treated and released for smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide exposure at Valley Hospital. Colon was also treated and released at the scene for smoke inhalation and a laceration.

QR Code - Take this post Mobile!
Use this unique QR (Quick Response) code with your smart device. The code will save the url of this webpage to the device for mobile sharing and storage.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login